May’s one of those months where it gets a little warmer so we get a little braver with our outfits – but there’s not quite enough sunshine to give us that gorgeous sun-kissed skin we’ve been dreaming of all spring. It’s one of those months that sits between the seasons, which means we start to get ready for summer, but we still get the showers of spring – so out comes the fake tan and even, on those few days of sunshine, our SPF makes a little guest appearance.
So without further ado, here’s our May favourites wish list for you to enjoy…
1. Estee Lauder Sculpting Foundation Brush – £37.00 – This brush is a delight to use. The bristles have been carefully shaped to give you complete control and help sculpt your foundation around the angles of your face. It’s also a great brush to use for contouring, add a slightly darker shade, and blend and glide away to warm up your complexion to a just bronzed glow.
2. LUSH The Sunblock (SPF 30) – £8.95 – A sunblock wash, have you tried it before? We hadn’t! This tasty looking bar offers an impressive factor 30 protection. Simply use it in the shower, and wash on the protection. It’s a great idea, and it’s perfect for an extra bit of protection on those slightly sunny days.
3. Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk – £9.00 – This 100ml bottle is the perfect travel size to take as carry on luggage. It’s cool and refreshing formula offers wonderful cleansing and deep comfort. It’s fab at removing even the toughest of eye make-up but gentle enough to not irritate delicate or sensitive skin. It also smells sensational!
4. Aster & Bay Beet Root Lip Stain – £14.00 – This little tub of goodness is one of SableBeauty.com‘s top sellers. It gives you a gorgeous pop of colour, and smells good enough to eat. It’s provides your lips with lots of moisture and a soft sheen – perfect for spring summer. With ingredients like coconut, pomegranate, beet root and elder flower, you can see why it’s such a babe.
5. STIKS Cosmetics Cinnamon Lip Stick – £18.00 – The entire concept of this lip stick gets us jumping with joy. It’s got some seriously cool packaging going on and the application is pure bliss. You can apply it with one hand in under 5 seconds, and the chrome packaging also doubles up as a mirror. This colour caught our eye as it’s a lovely rich tone, and a great day-to-night shade,
6. Selexir Inner Peace Balm – £59.90 – When it gets hotter we want to wear less. It’s one of those facts of life. It you have any dry skin patches or eczema areas on your body, you want to try and reduce the appearance of them ready to don those shorts and skirts. The Selexir balm does exactly that. It’s an intensive skin-care balm that helps to restore and repair distressed skin, and it really does work a treat.
7.Rimmel London Sweetie Heart in Chase Me – £3.99 – We love pastel nails, and the new range from Rimmel is matte perfection. The cutesy shades are perfect for fingers and toes. They are great colours for the summer and look even batter with a suntan!
8.He-Shi Face and Body Tanning Gel – £17.55 – If the sun’s not out then fake it. Save yourself from premature skin ageing and potential health problems and opt for tanning the safe way. We are BIG fans of the luxury tanning brand He-Shi, and the face and body tanning gel is right at the top of our tanning list. It gives you a wonderful natural tan, and is easy to apply without the tell-tale tanning streaks.