For many, the perfect smoky eye is something of a beauty holy grail. And while technique is important, the secret lies in a core set of products for that all important finish.
To help you create the perfect balance of smoke and smudge, you need to start with a good base. As with all make-up application, this will ensure your eye make-up stays put and lasts all day.
Whether you want an edge smudge liner look or a beautiful soft smokey shadow, with this gorgeous products you’ll be able to master the smokey eye with ease.
1. Smashbox Photo Finish 24 Hour Shadow Primer – £19.00 (BUY HERE)
If you’re spending time on a strong smoky eye, you’re going to want the effort you’ve put in to last. Smashbox’s cult primer is a must-have for a great shadow base.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer – £15.75 (BUY HERE)
Concealer is key with any make-up look, but with so much focus on the eye, it’s essential the under-eye area is flawless. This fab concealer offers buildable, ultra-blendable coverage.
3. Barry M Dazzle Dust – £4.59 (BUY HERE)
For a sexy smoky look, apply this high shimmer shadow across the lids before blending with a darker shade, then follow with a slick of liner.
4. Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencil in Black Diamonds – £19.00 (BUY HERE)
Tailor-made for blue eyes, this shadow pencil can be used on lids and the lower lash line for a smoky, smudged finish. There’s a shade available to enhance every eye colour, so don’t worry if you haven’t been blessed with blue!
5. Topshop Smokey Eye Palette in Subversive – £12.00 (BUY HERE)
A gorgeous mix of shadow colours, perfect for all skin tones.
6. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner – £12.00 (BUY HERE)
With a felt-tip nib that’s easy to control, this liner is highly pigmented, long-lasting and totally smudge-proof.
7. NYX Pro Smudger Brush – £8.50 (BUY HERE)
A make-up artist is only as good as his or her tools, so it’s worth investing in a decent set, or at the very least picking out a few key brushes. This ultimate smudger brush blurs lines seamlessly along the lash line and/or in the crease for that perfect sexy smokey eye.
8. Clinique Instant Lift For Brows – £16.00 (BUY HERE)
Define brows with this handy pencil before using the highlighter to lift and frame the eyes.
9. Eyelure Naturalites Double False Eyelashes – £6.99 (BUY HERE)
BOOM. These dramatic lashes are sure to provide the final flourish for high impact smoky eyes.
10. Japonesque Go Curl Pocket Lash Curler – £11.00 (BUY HERE)
The easel back flips down for the leverage needed to produce a gorgeous long-lasting curl. These curlers are designed with an open cage to avoid pinching of your outer lashes.
11. Santhelia Magnetic Lash Mascara – £24.99 (BUY HERE)
A revolutionary mascara which provides plumped, false-lash effect lashes. Simply brush on the hyaluronic acid-infused ‘Step 1: Mascara’ formula, then dab on the ‘Step 2: Lash Builder’, sweeping lightly and evenly from root to tip, before finishing with a second coat of mascara for thick, long, lustrous, glossy black eyelashes.